TIMELINE 2019: A Public Education Purchasing Seminar
Designed for Public Education Purchasing Professionals with special emphasis on the latest developments that are essential in educational purchasing.
September 26, 27, 28, 2018
Hilton Garden Inn
7010 Padre Blvd.
South Padre Island, Texas 78597
For Hilton Garden Inn reservations call local phone number (956) 761-8700, please avoid connecting to the Hilton central reservations line, rather reach the hotel operator or the front desk by pressing 0 when prompted and provide the group code ISM-RGV. All instructional sessions will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn Beach Resort, South Padre Island, Texas.
- Persons planning to attend should make guest room reservations with the Hilton Garden Inn Beach Resort.
- The Hilton Garden Inn has set aside a block of rooms at $93.00 for seminar participants.
- Their phone number is 956-761-8700; please give them our Group No. ISM-RGV.
- Please note this is the main host hotel.
Other host hotels, available are:
La Quinta Beach Front Resort
- Phone 956-772-7000
- Group Code: ISM-RGV
- Room Rate: $93.00 per room
- Please note: La Quinta is situated adjacent to the Hilton Garden Inn—it is next door just a few feet from each other.
The Inn at South Padre (formerly Howard Johnson)
- Phone 956-761-5658
- Group Code: ISM-RGV
- Room Rate: $69.00 per room
- Includes Hot Breakfast
For Seminar Classes and Speakers: UPDATE COMING SOON
List of Speakers
Calendar of Events
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS SEMINAR AND WHY……….
This seminar is intended to highlight the latest developments that are essential in
the purchasing management of public educational institutions. It is critical that
purchasing officials in education institutions be abreast of the current popular
purchasing methods, the new rules and regulations, and the methods of evaluations to
handle the modern taxpayer’s attitudes, particularly in mass media articles
This seminar is designed for purchasing agents, purchasing clerks, buyers, warehouse
supervisors, directors of purchasing, business managers, accountants, food service
directors and assistant superintendents for business. This program is applicable to all
areas of the public education sector, including school districts, junior colleges, and
The seminar is divided into three sections. There will be general sessions on
Wednesday, September 26, and Friday, September 28. On Thursday, September 27 the participants will have the option of selecting the session of their choice.
CERTIFICATION | Continuing Education Credit Hours
- Participants who successfully complete this program will receive fifteen (15) hours of continuing education. They may be applied toward the ISM C.P.S.M and/or A.P.P program requirements. ISM’s consent to provide a program number for this educational event is not an endorsement of this program or its content by ISM.
- Texas State Board of Accountancy (CPA’s): Participants will earn 16 continuous professional education (CPE) hours, certified.
- Texas Association of School Business Officials (TASBO)– Certified TASBO member may qualify for continuous education credit for hours attended.
- This seminar Continuing Education hours may also be applied to CPPB Certification Program and NIGP Certification Program.
REGISTRATION– September 26th- 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
September 26th 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Program Schedule
September 27th 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Program Schedule
September 28th 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Program Schedule
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Group Sessions (Optional)
Click Here: Download PDF Registration Packet
TUITION AND FEES (A 16-hour course)
$375.00 Per Person for Non-ISM Members
$350.00 Per Person for ISM Members, NIGP, TASBO & TxPPA Members
$350.00 Per Person for CPA’s
LOCATION & TRANSPORTATION
Airline service is available to the Rio Grande Valley/South Padre Island International Airport in Brownsville (Continental Airlines and American Airlines) and the RGV International Airport in Harlingen, Texas (Southwest Airlines and other various airlines).
Ground Transportation from the two airports to and from South Padre Island is available to all seminar participants.
a. Valley Metro provides transportation from the Brownsville/South Padre Island International Airport to South Padre Island for the fare of $1.00 (one dollar) per one-way trip. Please call 1-800-574-8322 for more information.
b. Valley Transit Company can provide transportation from the Harlingen International Airport. Please call them for rates at their toll free number 1-866-934-6882. Lower rates are available for a group of two people or more.
c. Also available is the South Padre Shuttle that provides service between Harlingen and South Padre Island. Please call for rates at 1-877-774-0050.
TIMELINE PARTICIPATION GRANTS AVAILABLE
A limited number of grants to attend TIMELINE 2019 are available to public
entity members. The grant will include registration fees and lodging at one of the
listed seminar hotels. It will not cover travel or mileage costs. Public entities
include cities, counties, state agencies, school district and many other governmental
public entities. Each entity may receive one grant. To obtain a grant application and rules click on the links below. For questions concerning grants, contact Adrian Garcia at
956-266-2606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: August 1, 2018
Download: Grant Rules and Application Timeline 2019
For those who wait while their partners are in session, Hilton Garden Inn Beach
Resort may assist you with local sight/shopping tours.
Interested in becoming a Sponsor for Timeline? Click Here
- Timeline 2019
- September 26, 27, 28, 2018
- Timeline 2020
- September 25, 26, 27, 2019
FOR MORE INFORMATION YOU MAY CONTACT:
Adrian Garcia Ph. (956) 266-2606
Melonie Perry Ph. 1-512-483-7127