SUMMER SESSION 2018: A Public Purchasing Seminar
Designed for Public Purchasing Professionals with special emphasis on the latest developments that are essential in general purchasing.
June 27, 28, 29, 2018
Hilton Garden Inn
7010 Padre Blvd.
South Padre Island, Texas 78597
Local Phone #: 956-761-8700
For Hilton Garden Inn reservations call local phone number (956) 761-8700, please avoid connecting to the Hilton central reservations line, rather reach the hotel operator or the front desk by pressing 0 when prompted and provide the group code ISMRGV-Summer Session. All instructional sessions will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn Beach Resort, South Padre Island, Texas.
- Persons planning to attend should make guest room reservations with the Hilton Garden Inn Beach Resort.
- The Hilton Garden Inn has set aside a block of rooms at $174.00 for seminar participants.
- Their phone number is 956-761-8700; please give them our Group Name. ISM-Summer Session.
- Please note this is the main host hotel.
Other host hotels, available are:
- Phone 956-772-7000
- Group Code: ISMRGV-Summer Session
- Room Rate: $159.00 per room
- Please note: La Quinta is situated adjacent to the Hilton Garden Inn—it is next door just a few feet from each other.
The Inn at South Padre (formerly Howard Johnson)
- Phone 956-761-5658
- Group Code: ISMRGV-Summer Session
- Room Rate: $99.00 per room
Who should take this seminar and why……..
This seminar will have class topics that emphasize cost savings to government entities. It is designed for persons having administrative responsibilities in the area of purchasing, especially applicable to all areas of the public sector including counties, municipalities, council of governments, state agencies, and other special governmental districts.
This seminar is intended to highlight the latest developments that are essential in the purchasing management of our government institutions; be abreast of the current popular purchasing methods, the new rules and regulations, and the methods of evaluation to handle the modern taxpayer’s attitudes, particularly in periods of economic skepticism.
This seminar is designed for directors of finance, directors of purchasing, purchasing clerks, buyers, risk managers, elected officials, and anyone interested in learning more about the purchasing profession, This program is applicable to all areas of the governmental sector.
This seminar is divided into three sections. General sessions will be held on Wednesday, June 27 and Friday, June 29. Participants will select to attend the class of his/her choice on Thursday, June 28.
CERTIFICATION | Continuing Education Credit Hours
- Participants who successfully complete this program will receive fifteen (15) hours of continuing education. They may be applied toward the ISM C.P.S.M and/or A.P.P program requirements. ISM’s consent to provide a program number for this educational event is not an endorsement of this program or its content by ISM.
- Texas State Board of Accountancy (CPA’s): Participants will earn 16 continuous professional education (CPE) hours, certified.
- Texas Association of School Business Officials (TASBO)– Certified TASBO member may qualify for continuous education credit for hours attended.
- This seminar Continuing Education hours may also be applied to CPPB Certification Program and NIGP Certification Program.
LOCATION & TRANSPORTATION
Airline service is available to the Rio Grande Valley/South Padre Island International Airport in Brownsville (United Airlines and American Airlines) and the RGV International Airport in Harlingen, Texas (Southwest Airlines and other various airlines).
Ground Transportation from the two airports to and from South Padre Island is available to all seminar participants.
a. Valley Metro provides transportation from the Brownsville/South Padre Island International Airport to South Padre Island for the fare of $1.00 (one dollar) per one-way trip. Please call 1-800-574-8322 for more information.
b. Valley Transit Company can provide transportation from the Harlingen International Airport. Please call them for rates at their toll free number 1-866-934-6882. Lower rates are available for a group of two people or more.
c. Also available is the South Padre Shuttle that provides service between Harlingen and South Padre Island. Please call for rates at 1-877-774-0050.
SUMMER SESSION PARTICIPATION GRANTS AVAILABLE
A limited number of grants to attend the Summer Session 2018 are available to public entity members. The grant will include registration fees and lodging at one of the listed seminar hotels. It will not cover travel or mileage costs. Public entities include cities, counties, state agencies, school district and many other governmental public entities. Each entity may receive one grant. Deadline: March 30, 2018
Download: 2018 Summer Session Grant Rules & Application
For those who wait while their partners are in session, Hilton Garden Inn Beach Resort may assist you with local sight/shopping tours.
REGISTRATION –June 27 – 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- June 27 9:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. Program Schedule
- June 28 8:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. Program Schedule
- June 29 8:00a.m. – 12:00p.m. Program Schedule
- 1:00p.m. – 3:00p.m. Group Session (optional)
REGISTRATION FEES (A 16-hour course)
$325.00 Per Person for Non-ISM Members
$300.00 Per Person for ISM Members, NIGP, & TxPPA Members
$300.00 Per Person for CPA’s
Interested in becoming a Sponsor for Summer Session? Click Here
- Summer Session 2019
- June 27, 28, 29, 2019
- Summer Session 2020
- June 24, 25, 26, 2020
FOR MORE INFORMATION YOU MAY CONTACT:
Adrian Garcia Ph. (956) 266-2606
Melonie Perry Ph. 1-512-483-7127